I have spent the last week cooking and eating vegan food only. I have always thought it would be too hard… so much preparation! But I was wrong. It wasn’t hard, it was easy. The bonus is how good I felt all week. I always buy food for the week that I am going to cook, so I just bought a few different things. It’s like I always think when I am getting dressed – you have to get dressed so you may as well put on something decent. It’s the same with cooking and eating!
In the picture you can see (from L to R across the top):
- Coconut quinoa porridge with some of my granola on top (apple, carrot, ginger and celery juice in the background)
- Thai Vegan Curry
- Stuffed Capsicums
- Vegetable Soup
- Baked sweet potato with chickpeas
- Pizza with Vegetable toppings
- Tomato and red Capsicum (about to be baked and turned into soup)
- Cranberry and Orange squares (they taste like Xmas pudding!)
Many of these dishes can be prepared in advance and can be frozen for later.
I will follow up with the recipes in my next posts.